“I’m Calling The Shots!!” Morris tells his rivals.

Craig Morris has told his rivals he’s calling the shots as he prepares to return to action with a keep busy contest next month.

He returns to the ring on Saturday June 9th to continue his professional boxing journey.

That paid journey has seen him become Midlands Welterweight Champion and now IBO Continental title holder, which was last defended against Andy Keates.

The two headlined at Birmingham’s Genting Arena in March, but their hotly-anticipated clash was cut short through injury.

Morris suffered a nasty cut by his right eye from a clash of heads in the third round, with no scores possible as per the rules as the contest hadn’t passed four rounds.

Keates and his supporters have demanded a rematch, which Morris is adamant will not happen unless it’s on his terms.

In the meantime, the 26-year-old southpaw will lace on the gloves at Starworks with his eyes on more titles later in the year.

He said: “I was disappointed by what happened with Keates, as I’m sure he was but it’s not like I wanted the cut. We were clashing heads all through it and things happen.

“It’s never happened to me before and I would have carried on fighting, had it been down to me, because that’s my nature. The doctor made the call.


Morris vs. Keates
Morris vs. Keates became a bloody affair and was stopped by the Ref. due to the accidental clash of heads which caused Morris a bad cut.

 

“I felt like the fight was going in my favour, I was getting stronger as it went on and I know both what we trained for and what the game plan was.

“When I was putting it on him, I felt like I was on top and the rounds were close. As strange as it sounds, I was pleased with it. There’s been a lot of afters and some of it is rubbish.

“The rematch won’t happen unless there’s big money or he’s got a good title to put on the line, it’s as simple as that.”


DSC03562-2
A disappointed Keates has to settle for the draw following the accidental clash of heads that brought his bout with Morris to a premature halt.

“My missus Lorna is pregnant, she’s got a couple of months left so I’m going to have a break after this. Hopefully, the baby will come soon enough.

“Then we can look at getting a shot at something good. I can’t wait to get in the ring and then take it from there.”

Emerging Stars will be topped by a 10-round battle for the English bantamweight title between Wolverhampton’s Kyle Williams and defending champion Thomas Essomba.

Others fighting out of Wolverhampton elsewhere on the card are female fighter Lauren Johnson and Antony Woolery, with Polish powerhouse Damion Kiwior also based in the city.


Emerging Stars


Connor Jones’ time is finally about to come in the paid code, with the Dudley debutant’s bow delayed from last year.

IBO Continental and former area champion Craig Morris makes the trip from Ludlow in Shropshire to occupy the home corner, while Connor Parker travels from Derbyshire.

Tickets are on sale now, priced at £40, which will be £45 on the door. VIP ringside passes are £65. To buy, call Craig directly on 07815 905 087 or contact him on Facebook.